Skip to main content

Fall tree fruits and seeds

The smell of fresh pressed apple cider is so incredibly apple-y!  I went on an apple picking field trip today and had the chance to smell both.  Unfortunately we were not allowed to taste the unpasteurized version so I did not compare the taste.  This experience reminded me that I have been meaning to share a few photographs of the fall tree fruit showing in my neighborhood.

Crabapple

Hawthorn (Washington?)

Hawthorn

Redbud

Ginkgo

London planetree 
Green ash samaras

Interested in this topic?  Consider

Types of tree fruit

Tree Walk: Eating the fruits of city trees

Fruit Tree Walk: Guest post from Jen English of Walking Berkeley

Book Review: Public Produce by Darrin Nordahl

Ginkgo's smelly fruit is edible and the tree is long lived

Harvest walk: persimmon, pomelo, passionfruit, and pomegranate

Comments