Skip to main content

Even the pachysandra is blooming (GBBD)

Image: Not "my" pachysandra (image courtesy of Kurt Stüber via Wikimedia Commons)

I did not know that pachysandra (Pachysandra terminalis) flowers.  "Almost insignificant from an ornamental perspective," notes OSU's Horticulture & Crop Science plant list website, but I was wowed.  In addition to these small terminal inflorescences, my NYC neighborhood offers cherry, Callery pear and magnolia blossoms as well as tulips, daffodils, and Camellia 'April Remembered' (Camellia japonica 'April Remembered').





Weak branch structure but gorgeous showy flowers!










And even more: flowers outside the Macy's Flower Show and sidewalk hydrangea gardens.




For more blooming posts on this 15th day of April, visit May Dreams Gardens.

Comments

Les said…
Camellias in NYC? I guess it is not the first Southerner to take up residence and thrive in Manhattan. I love the photo of the weeping cherry with the building behind it seen through the pink haze.